Read this book now
Download in formats: fb2 68k, lrf 111k, epub 95k, mobi 121k, txt, html
hide Table of Contents
- Memoirs of the extraordinary life, works, and discoveries of Martinus Scriblerus. By Mr. Pope — Memoirs of Martinus Scriblerus
- INTRODUCTION TO THE READER.
- MEMOIRS OF MARTINUS SCRIBLERUS.
- BOOK I.
- 1. CHAP. I. Of the Parentage and Family of Scriblerus, how he was begot, what Care was taken of him before he was born, and what Prodigies attended his Birth.
- 2. CHAP. II. The Speech of Cornelius over his Son, at the Hour of his Birth.
- 3. CHAP. III. Shewing what befel the Doctor\s Son and his Shield, on the Day of the Christ\ning.
- 4. CHAP. IV. Of the Suction and Nutrition of the Great Scriblerus in his Infancy, and of the first Rudiments of his Learning.
- 5. CHAP. V. A Dissertation upon Play-things.
- 6. CHAP. VI. Of the Gymnasticks, in what Exercises Martinus was educated; something concerning Musick,
- 7. CHAP. VII. Rhetorick, Logick, and Metaphysicks.
- 8. CHAP. VIII. ANATOMY.
- 9. CHAP. IX. How Martin become a grat Critick.
- 10. CHAP. X. Of Martinus \s Uncommon Practice of Physick, and how he apply\d himself to the Diseases
- 11. CHAP. XI. The Case of a young Nobleman at Court, with the Doctor\s Prescription for the same.
- 12. CHAP. XII. How Martinus endeavoured to find out the Seat of the Soul, and of his Correspondence with the
- To the learned Inquisitor into Nature, MARTINUS SCRIBLERUS: The Society of Free-Thinkers greeting.
- 13. CHAP. XIV. The DOUBLE MISTRESS.
- To the most amiable LINDAMIRA,
- 14. CHAP. XV. Of the strange, and never to be parallell\d Process at Law upon the Marriage of Scriblerus,
- 15. CHAP. XVI. Of the Secession of Martinus, and some Hints of his Travels.
- 16. CHAP. XVII. Of the Discoveries and Works of the Great Scriblerus, made and to be made, written and to be written, known and unknown.
- THE CONTENTS OF THE MEMOIRS of SCRIBLERUS.